Windows Azure Tools: Failed to initialize Windows Azure storage emulator. Unable to start Development Storage. Failed to start Storage Emulator: the SQL Server instance ‘localhost\SQLExpress’ could not be found. Please configure the SQL Server instance for Storage Emulator using the ‘DSInit’ utility in the Windows Azure SDK.You will get this message if either of the items below applies to you:
- You don't have any SQL Server Installed on your workstation.
- You don't have SQL Express installed and have the full version of SQL Installed
- You have an older version of SQL Express installed which Azure SDK does not support.
- Go to "Start > All Programs > Accessories", right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as Administrator".
- Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Windows Azure Emulator\emulator\devstore\" directory by entering "cd [Directory Path]" and hitting Enter.
- Enter "DsInit /sqlInstance:." and hit Enter.
That's it! You should now be able to rebuild your Azure Solution in Visual Studio 2010 and run it to debug it locally using the Azure Emulators.
DigiOz Multimedia, Inc.